If you have misplaced your phone number or your SIM card has been lost or stolen, you might be wondering how to retrieve your NIN number without a phone number. While it may seem like a daunting task, it’s actually quite simple. In this guide, we’ll guide you through the various methods you can use to retrieve your NIN number without a phone number in Nigeria.
What is a NIN number?
Before we dive into the various methods of retrieving your NIN number without a phone number, let’s first understand what a NIN number is. A NIN number is a unique identification number issued by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) to every Nigerian citizen or legal resident. The NIN number is a 11-digit number that is used to identify individuals for all transactions and services in Nigeria.
Why is a NIN number important?
Your NIN number is important for a number of reasons. First and foremost, it serves as your unique identifier for all financial transactions and services in Nigeria. This includes opening a bank account, applying for a loan, and even getting a driver’s license. Additionally, your NIN number is also used for various government services such as obtaining a passport, registering for national exams, and obtaining a tax identification number.
How to retrieve NIN number without phone number
Now that we’ve covered the basics of what a NIN number is and why it’s important, let’s get into the main topic. Here are the three options for retrieving your NIN number without a phone number:
Option 1: Retrieve NIN number through the NIMC website
The first option for retrieving your NIN number without a phone number is through the NIMC website. Here’s how you can do it:
- Visit the NIMC website at www.nimc.gov.ng
- Click on “eNROL” at the top of the page and select “Proceed” on the dropdown menu
- Fill in your first name, last name, and your email address
- Click on “Submit”
You will receive an email with your NIN number
Check also: How to Block Access Bank ATM Card
Option 2: Retrieve NIN by visiting a NIMC enrollment center
If you prefer to retrieve your NIN number in person, you can visit a NIMC enrollment center. Here’s what you need to do:
- Locate the nearest NIMC enrollment center to you. You can find a list of all NIMC enrollment centers on the NIMC website.
- Visit the NIMC enrollment center with your valid ID card (e.g., international passport, driver’s license, or voter’s card).
- Provide your details to the NIMC officer, who will then retrieve your NIN number.
- Once the NIMC officer has retrieved your NIN number, they will provide it to you on a slip of paper. This slip of paper contains your NIN number and can be used for any transactions that require it. It is essential to keep this slip of paper safe and secure as you will need it for future transactions.
- If for some reason you lose the slip of paper or it gets damaged, you can still retrieve your NIN number. The process is similar to the one described above. You will need to visit any NIMC enrollment center and provide your details to the officer. The officer will then search the NIMC database and retrieve your NIN number for you.
Note that the NIMC charges a fee for the retrieval of lost or damaged NIN slips. The fee varies depending on the center and the circumstances of the loss or damage.